Wes Lachot Design is involved in every phase of our projects from design development through construction drawings and project management. We like to be involved early in the process, to help our clients select the best location for their building renovation or ground-up facility. Here is a brief outline of the design-build process:
- Discussing program requirements and building location options, as well as getting a feel for the client's overall business strategy, goals for the facility, and sense of aesthetics.
- Meeting on location to assess the site selection, and to create blueprints of existing conditions.
- Drawing schematic designs for presentation to clients; discussing changes and revising the schematic designs if necessary.
- Creating a full set of working drawings, including Floor Plans, Elevations, Sections, Reflected Ceiling Plans, Soffit Plans, Acoustic Finish and Mounting Details, Electrical, Lighting and Technical Wiring Plans, HVAC Plan, Door and Window Schedules and Isolation Details, and other plans as necessary for the accurate build-out of the project. We can interface with architects and engineers in other localities if necessary to meet local regulations.
- Assistance with the selection of potential contractors and subcontractors, including telephone or Skype interviews, or one-on-one meetings if needed.
- On-site supervision of critical building phases; assistance with integration between the general contractor and the acoustics and technical wiring contractors.
- Ongoing project management to ensure accuracy of the build-out, and to help keep track of construction costs.
- Assistance with selection of critical sound system components and integration of these components into the sound rooms.
- Final project wrap-up, including room analysis and sound system fine-tuning.